An introductory course aimed at banking, corporate, treasury and sales teams that reviews intermediate and advance derivative products with afocus on marketing and sales applications. Participants work with product, sales, pricing and risk concepts applicable to derivative markets.
1. COURSE OBJECTIVES
At the end of this workshop the participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the different types of derivative instruments and their primary applications.
- Work with vanilla products and four specific transaction types across interest rates, currencies, commodities and capital market accounts.
- Review basic pricing concepts needed to appreciate exotic derivative products.
- Explain the product variations available across the interest rate derivative product family.
- Work with counterparty limits, pre settlement risk and potential future exposure numbers.
2. TRAINING COURSE LEVEL
Intermediate and Advance users.
3. TRAINING COURSE PREREQUISITES
Corporate Banking and Treasury products.
4. COURSE OUTLINE
|Session & Title||Topics|
|Session 1 – Introduction||Introduction to core concepts and terminology including:|
Understanding transaction drivers and customer motivations.
Roles within derivative markets.
Risk – Introduction to application and cases.
|Session 2 – Introduction to Products & Applications||Vanilla products:|
Commodities – Oil and Gold
Currencies – Imports and Exports
Interest rates – Funding and Financing
Capital Markets – Portfolio Management