P@SHA- Complimentary Pitching Case Studies Course
Welcome to the second part of the Pitching Case Studies Course – View Only option. Your purchase entitles you to view these files as many times as you wish for the next 30 days from the date of your purchase. After this date, the files will no longer be available for viewing.
Pitching Case Studies
Before you view this course, please ensure that your computer is properly set up to view it.
1) A web browser with Adobe Flash Plugin installed.
2) A computer with working audio.
We suggest you install the latest version of the Flash player. Click here to download the Adobe Flash Player. Please exit your browser before installing the upgraded version of Flash. Launch your browser again and go to URL address provided for the purchased video to view it. If the instructions above don’t resolve the issue, please also try the following:
- Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
- Allow Financetrainingcourse.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
- Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren’t set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
Instructions for submitting your you-tube pitch to [email protected] panel of mentors and judges
1. To complete and submit your youtube video (separate deadlines for APICTA participants) please download the trial edition of Camtasia 7 to your laptop. The trial edition is valid for 30 days and is a fully functional version for our needs.
2. Use a power point presentation to walk us through the core points and questions asked by the Judges. Test out the slides and the script before you start recording
3. To record you can use either the Screen Recorder option on Camtasia or simply use the record a power point option. Either option will work well
4. All you need is a microphone and a quiet room to get started. Camtasia has every strong background noise removal tools which you can use to clean up your pitch if you feel the background noise is a problem.
5. When you start recording please remember that we want to see your points (not you) and hear your voice. We want to see how effectively you can answer the questions and win over the judges. Answer the question asked and keeping it to the point and relevant is part of that that plan.
3. Please keep your initial presentations between 2 – 5 minutes.
Here are some sample pitches done using the suggested approach by other mentees in the past.. Please note that these pitches are full business plan presentations and are only presented for learning and illustration purposes.
For APICTA Nominees only
If you are an APICTA participant please go through the nomination criteria and submit the initial draft of your power point pitch keeping the APICTA criteria for your category in front of you. Your initial presentation is due on Wednesday at 10:00 after which you will be notified of a mentoring session in your city. If you have any questions or issues about how to go about telling your story please go through the [email protected] Pitching for Startup course.
A large part of winning at APICTA is dependent on how well you are prepared and how much time you have spent in rehearsing your script and your presentation. We hope that by jump starting this process and working on tight deadlines we will be able to increase the number of winners that we bring back with us to Pakistan.
The [email protected] Mentoring and Judging Team